I read a lot. Here's my best-of list for this month.
- What You Can Do Right Now to Help Immigrant Families Separated at the Border (The Cut)
- Immigrant toddlers ordered to appear in court alone (The Texas Tribune)
- How the Koch Brothers Are Killing Public Transit Projects Around the Country (The New York Times)
Environment and Climate Change
- Audubon's Birds & Climate Change Report — Learn about the ways climate change is affecting birds and what you can do to help
- Solar Is the Future. Donald Trump Tied a Bow on It and Gave It to China. (Mother Jones)
- On the Menu (Corporate Knights) — Side note here that both Beyond Meat burgers and Impossible Foods' "meat" are amazing. We make Beyond burgers at home and we've had Clover's Impossible meatball sandwich on several occasions.
- Waste Heat: Innovators Turn to an Overlooked Renewable Resource (Yale Environment 360)
- Mars Is Betting Greener Chocolate Bars Will Be Great for Profit (Bloomberg)
- The planet is on edge of a global plastic calamity &
Antarctica: plastic contamination reaches Earth's last wilderness (both from The Guardian)
- The known unknows of plastic pollution (The Economist)
- Fell Alone Forever by Ferris Wayne McDaniel (apt)
- A Gun in the First Act by Scott Garson (Okay Donkey)
- Living by Meditation Alone (Tricycle)